Attention-Deficit /Hyperactivity Disorder is a disorder of higher brain functioning characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that disrupts functioning or development.
There are three types of ADHD:
- Combined presentation of both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity
- Predominantly inattentive demeanor
- Predominantly hyperactive/impulsive demeanor
Process of Change @ SKILD
- Psycho-educational Assessment with Psychiatric Consultation.
- Attention Test if needed.
- Student Empowerment and education about his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- Parent Education in the specific areas of the child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaboration with SKILD professionals to implement recommendations for accommodations and modifications within the academic setting.
- Behavior Modification Plan to be implemented at home and school.
- Psychomotor Therapy