Autism is a spectrum disorder that varies in severity. This disorder is characterized by impairment in social communication and interaction with restricted repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities.
The impairment may be mild, moderate, or severe, and with or without accompanying intellectual and/or language impairment.
Process of Change @ SKILD
- Complete Psychological Assessment with behavioral assessment and psychiatric consultation.
- Parent Education in the specific areas of the child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Student Empowerment and education about his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- Teacher Partnership with SKILD professionals to implement recommendations for accommodations and modifications within the academic setting.
- Behavior Modification to be implemented at home and school.
- Speech Therapy if needed.
- Psychomotor Therapy if needed.