SKILD provides psycho-social support in six non-formal educational centers set up by community leaders for Syrian refugee children not attending public or private schools.
Psycho-social support helps to:
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Build self-awareness
- Promote psycho-social wellbeing
- Minimize harmful consequences of conflict
- Build healthy coping and resilience skills
To achieve the above objectives, SKILD provides a therapist twice a week in each non-formal educational center to provide in-class interventions, pull-out sessions, and advisory sessions.